- Should I buy the hat or outfit first? This is a hard one! Either option works. If you are looking to make a WOW! statement with your hat, we suggest purchasing the hat first and complementing it with a more "basic" dress (let the hat do the talkin'). If you have a difficult time finding clothes that fit properly, finding the outfit first is typically a better option. Once you've got the outfit, we are here to help you find the perfect hat!
- How do I measure my head? We can help fit your hat in-store or watch this short tutorial on how to properly measure (in inches). If there is a hat already made that is too big or too small, we can either stretch the hat (in most cases) or add hat filler to customize the fit.
- Do you offer hat boxes? Yes, we have three size options to fit any hat or fascinator. Click here to view options: https://thehatgirls.com/collections/hat-boxes
-Can you refurbish or add onto a hat that I already have? We are happy to make adjustments and add-on to hats or fascinators that we have made. If the hat was created or purchased elsewhere, we do not.
- Can I bring in my dress to help me match the hat or fascinator? Absolutely, and we recommend it!
- How far in advance do I need to place a custom order? Custom order lead time is typically 21-30 days. We usually stop taking custom orders for Oaks and Derby by the second week of April.
- What is the best way to contact you? In general, email is the best form of contact, but feel free to also reach out to us by phone.
- What are your store hours? Due to COVID-19, we are currently open by appointment only. Please call or email us for availability.
- What side of the head should I wear my fascinator on? We typically suggest that the fascinator be worn along your part line (i.e. - if you part your hair on the left side, you would wear the fascinator on the left side of the head).
Shipping and Delivery Options
- Flat rate shipping for any purchase is $35; we ship by UPS Ground. If you need express shipping options, please contact us by email or phone. All shipping expenses are the responsibility of the customer.
- We offer free delivery to any Louisville hotel the week of Derby. Please call or email us to schedule a hotel delivery or pick-up the week of Derby.
- Free local pick-up is available for any order at our Louisville, Kentucky hat shop.
All sales are final. Due to the nature of our product (personal wear item) and for sanitary purposes, we do not offer refunds, returns, or exchanges. By purchasing a hat or fascinator you acknowledge that you understand this policy.
If you are interested in setting up a custom appointment please email us at email@example.com or call 502-409-7272.